Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

GARDEN SEMINAR AT RCC IN FEB. 2013
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: GARDEN SEMINAR AT RCC IN FEB. 2013
GARDEN SEMINAR AT RCC IN FEB. 2013 1 Year, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Josephine County Master Gardeners is offering a selection of classes related to gardening at RCC. The event is called Seeds of Spring. It is an all day long event on a Saturday in February (2013).

I went for the first time last year and it was very good! Just type in josepine county master gardeners into any search engine for more info. It costs $25 for the day.

You need to register and space is limited for some classes. Lorri D
Lorri D
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: GARDEN SEMINAR AT RCC IN FEB. 2013 1 Year, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Well, the seminar is over and I had a great time. Very fun to talk to hundreds of people that are into gardening. The most fun for me was a class that taught hypertuffa. It is a method of making a very hard cement that is light weight and it can be molded or made into many things: bird baths, stepping stones, planters, etc....

Everyone got to make and take home at least one planter that would hold about a half gallon of soil. You can learn to increase tensil (sp) strength to create stairs etc... And the biggest surprise and plus to the whole thing is that it is very cheap and you are only limited in what you can create by your own imagination.

I also took classes on growing veggies in the winter locally and one on herbs; growing, cooking etc...and learned how to make compost in 4 days.

Hope you all went or will go next year, it is always fun! Lorri D
Lorri D
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1